Offering is a jungle-based glyph that helps players earn levels and gold faster by spawning additional enemies that grant unique buffs.
Active: Place an offering at a valid camp's altar to summon empowered monsters. Kill the Large monster after it respawns to earn a buff that varies per monster type.
Passive: Killing the Large monster grants additional gold and restores Health and Mana.
Passive: Your abilities and basic attacks deal bonus damage to neutral monsters.
Offering - Increased Gold
Increased Gold: Earn 10 additional gold per buff-granting monster killed.
Offering - Increased Buff Duration
Increased Buff Duration: Buffs from neutral monsters have an increased duration.
Offering - Strong Beast Buffs
Strong Beast Buffs: Dagger Tusks and Verics grant an improved buff.
Offering - Strong Plant Buffs
Strong Plant Buffs: Wood Imps and Leaf Scorpions grant an improved buff.
Offering is more of a risk than Slaughter but it can also offer a greater reward. Between the additional gold, experience, and buffs that are earned from killing empowered monsters, heroes can quickly level up, buy items, and wreak havoc on the enemies in lane.
- Between Offering and Hunter's Spear, many heroes are viable in SoaDA's jungle that wouldn't be otherwise. Experiment with unconventional picks like Lassidar,
Torrace, or Xeros.
- Knowing which buff to earn and when is key to making optimal use of Offering. The Dagger Tusk buff can help keep vision on the jungle during quests. The Wood Imp buff provides tanks with free Armor for a limited time. The Veric buff can help basic attack focused heroes deal additional damage. Finally, the Leaf Stinger buff makes multi-target abilities especially devastating.
- The Increased Gold upgrade will provide 100-200 additional gold in a typical match. Carefully weigh how much you need this income, as you will be sacrificing 5-10 minutes of buff time.
- Offering does not provide direct help against Epic neutral monsters. If you see Slay the Dragon or Troll's Treasure on the quest list, Slaughter may be the better choice.
- Anyone who kills the Large empowered monster can steal Offering's buff. However, the buff does not transfer upon death.