Set siege to the enemy towers! The first team to destroy a tower will earn a powerful reward.
Optional: Kill wood imps in the forest to gather the materials needed to build an Advanced Catapult.
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes
Buffs: Siege Reward Bonus
Special Units: Advanced Catapult
Bonuses: Fighting near the tower with the lowest health earns players additional gold and experience
Item: Siegemaster's Scroll
- There are four Wood Imp camps in the jungle, each flanking an Outer Tower in the middle lane. As a result it's easiest to farm Wood Imps from mid to create an Advanced Catapult. Two full Wood Imp camps yield enough materials to build one Advanced Catapult.
- To deploy an Advanced Catapult, you must be in range of a friendly minion. This means that in most cases you won't be able to deploy a catapult in the jungle or in Brush, though if you can manage the feat it will prove advantageous!
- Advanced Catapults have a greater range than normal Wave Sieges and even the towers they're attacking! As long as you can keep enemy minions or heroes from damaging the Advanced Catapult, they will be able to attack with impunity.
- If you deploy an Advanced Catapult within range of a tower, it will not move and will be destroyed in spite of its greater range. Try to deploy the catapult before engaging the enemy.
- A "Siege Reward Bonus" buff is applied as an aura to all Heroes in range of the tower with the lowest health (one tower per team). It increases experience and gold per second earned by 15%.
- While the Quest is active all towers receive a shared damage shield as well as the Fortified buff. As a result, it is extremely hard to push a tower in the early game, especially as a solo Hero. Armor Penetration helps negate the Fortified buff, but even then it will most likely take a handful of Heroes to chew through a tower's Health.
- There is no gold reward for the quest, as destroying towers already provides a team-wide bounty.
- The Siegemaster's Scroll can be used both offensively and defensively, disabling enmy towers or strengthening your own. It is mapped to the "Z" key by default.