Destroy an enemy tower or defend yours from attack. You will earn bonus gold and experience fighting near either team's most damaged tower.
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes
Special Units: Advanced Catapult
Misc. Bonuses: N/A
Item: Siegemaster's Scroll
- There are four Wood Imp camps in the jungle, each flanking an Outer Tower in the middle lane. As a result it's easiest to farm Wood Imps from mid to create an Advanced Catapult. Two Wood Imp camps yield enough materials (16) to build one Advanced Catapult.
- To deploy an Advanced Catapult, you must be in range of a friendly minion. This means that you (usually) won't be able to deploy a catapult in the jungle or in Brush, though if you can manage the feat it would prove advantageous!
- Advanced Catapults have a greater range than normal Wave Sieges and even the towers they're attacking! As long as you can keep enemy minions or heroes from damaging the Advanced Catapult it will attack with impunity.
- One exception to the rule above: if you deploy an Advanced Catapult within range of a tower, it will not move and will be destroyed in spite of its greater range. Always deploy Advanced Catapults outside the range of a tower.
- A "Siege Reward Bonus" buff is applied as an aura to all Heroes in range of the tower with the lowest health (one tower per team). It increases experience and bounty gold earned by 15%.
- While the Quest is active all towers receive a shared damage shield as well as the Fortified buff. As a result it is extremely hard to push a tower in the early game, especially as a solo Hero. Armor Penetration helps negate the Fortified buff, but even then it will most likely take a handful of Heroes to chew through the tower's Health.
- There is no gold reward for the quest, as destroying towers already provides a team-wide bounty.
- The Siegemaster's Scroll can be used both offensively and defensively, disabling enemy towers or strengthening your own. It is mapped to the "Z" key by default.
- You can determine the lowest HP allied and enemy towers by looking at the Quest HUD or at the minimap. The lowest HP tower will have a unique red (enemy) or green (allied) outline around it.
- Wood Imp Camps affected by the Offering Glyph will also count towards the optional objective, thus giving a advantage to Junglers who have chosen this Glyph (as they can get 16 wood from a single camp).