An ornery Troll has stolen a merchant’s goods, escaping with a chest to a nearby cave. Defeat him and carry the treasure back to the merchant to earn a reward for your team.
Time Limit: 9:00 minutes
Objectives: Destroy; Deliver
Buffs: Treasure Bearer
Pickups: Troll's Treasure
- The Troll can be found on the plateau in the south east corner of the map. He provides a bounty of 100 gold to whoever kills him. This makes him a valuable objective in his own right.
- The Troll is a powerful unit, the equivalent of an epic monster. If you are not a damage dealer you may struggle to kill him yourself. Try to get your teammates to help.
- Right click the Troll's Treasure and you will pick it up. The "Treasure Bearer" buff will automatically be applied.
- Heroes with the "Treasure Bearer" buff cannot Recall, use Portal Scrolls, or the Portal glyph. On top of that they are dramatically slowed. Therefore, it wise to grant the chest to hardy Heroes (Bruisers or Tanks) who have glyphs, abilities, and items that grant them bonus Movement Speed.
- The Merchant has set up shop at the north west corner of the map. If you do not have the Troll's Treasure, it is wise to set up an ambush in the ample Brush provided on the plateau, or in the jungle on the way to the Merchant.
- If you are ambushed while carrying the Troll's Treasure you can drop the treasure by clicking the icon above the Recall ability (currently blank). This will allow you to move freely to attack and defend.
- The Troll's Treasure is also dropped on death; if the other team acquires it, you should target whoever has the chest, indicated by an icon over their head.
- You can interrupt Heroes trying to return the treasure by dealing damage to them. This is an excellent strategy if you are outnumbered near the Merchant or in an otherwise weak or untenable position. Dart in and out of the Brush and fog of war, slinging abilities and basic attacks. Damage over time abilities (or DOTs) are especially pernicious in this situation.
- If you are the teammate of a Hero trying to return the Troll's Treasure, try to place yourself between the Hero and attackers so you can intercept any skillshots that would interrupt the process. Better yet, attack the enemies to drive them away!